‘The Tower of Babel’ by Jessica McGrann

Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 14.59.33

In light of the recent Brexit vote, it is interesting to hear some of the views. Before the referendum, no one had a notion what the best thing to so was, there was simply not enough information. After the referendum, a few media scares and now everyone is an expert and certain it will be an economic disaster. More evidence of how the media controls our lives.

I am absolutely certain that England has done the right thing and in time will overtake the EU in terms of prosperity. In the meantime England will bide its time and see who its true allies are but make no mistake, it will economically trounce the EU. Scotland and Ireland have big decisions to make.

I did not vote in brexit as it was for the British people to decide and I do not agree that non UK citizens living within the UK should have had a say and why I didn’t vote as I do not hold a UK passport. Brexit was never an economic referendum, it was about sovereignty. Given the choice I would vote for Ireland to leave the EU also, but unlikely I would be given the choice to vote unless the establishment thought it would help give them the result they want.  The sort of corruption the EU will instil.

The EU is bad for Ireland but I don’t mean in our pockets, I mean over the very thing that makes us Irish, the very soul of our nation. During the conflict, Ireland was united, our people were patriotic and passionate about Ireland.  Perhaps it is just me, but I feel this has faded today and we have become more European. By that I mean eager to give up our own identity to assume that of the larger entity, perhaps for fear of the world and to feel safer in it through strength in numbers which is not surprising when the media control us through such unfounded scare tactics.

England has led the way, I hope others will now follow and end this corrupt state, end this creation of a one nation Europe, end the creation of a one people taxation system, end central one nation government and the death of our individuality. But one person I spoke to had a very interesting reason for voting leave that I thought I would share, she mentioned the bibles story about the tower of Babel which I was unaware off until then.

Apparently humans had evolved into a single people, one nation, all speaking the same language which may mean sharing the same ideals or laws more than the speaking with the same tongue.  But once one race achieved world domination the next step was to build a tower to the heavens so the elite could sit with God. I am not religious and had no knowledge of the story but they told me they were scared by what was happening as the bible also foretells of a people having a number to identify them before the final battle at Armageddon.  With a single tax id number planned for all EU citizens and Turkey already on the members list, how long until Europe reaches Israel and assumes control of the holy lands?

Now I am not predicting the end is nigh, but my gut tells me the EU is wrong and I just cannot shake it off. In the story, God comes down and is displeased with man and disperses him throughout the world to preserve our differences. In the light that anyone disagreeing with the EU is branded a racist, I am starting to see why the bible tells us this is wrong.  The most racist thing we can do is merge everyone into one race and destroy our individualities.

But is the wolf in sheep’s clothing with its wool already covering our eyes?

17 Responses to ‘The Tower of Babel’ by Jessica McGrann

1. truthrevisionist June 27, 2016 at 2:42 pm #

Jessica,

The Bible – Old and New T. Jewish ‘bunkum’ and mythology.

An excuse to steal the land of Palestine and then use it as a criminal base to run an empire.

Read Shlomo Sand. ‘The Invention of the Jewish People’ or the works of Gilad Atzmon. Both decent Jewish intellectuals who have studied zionist history and its geo-political aspirations.

Historical and archaeological proofs fear no scrutiny.

As Sand once said : ‘99% of jews don’t believe in religion, but they believe God gave them the ‘promised land’.

But in essence I agree with the thread of your thoughts.

Fruit is Diversity. A smoothie is not.

It takes a lot of blades and cutting to turn one into the other.

2. paul June 27, 2016 at 2:43 pm #

I think you speak the truth. Each country has their history language and culture. It is vitally important to learn about and respect cultures different from our own. I do feel that Irelands culture has been diluted to a degree by the EU. Being part of Europe has in some circles become more important than being Irish. I think the Irish Govt has given a large portion of its sovereignty to Europe. Before all the naysayers satart with dire predictions about Ireland outside of the EU, let me state this . for well over 8 centuries , the people or Ireland have had their culture and freedom attacked by England. Repressive legislation, An Gorta Mor, ethnic cleansing and forced in migration have not defeated the will, the resourcefulness or the spirit of the Irish people. I have absolute confidence that an Ireland out of the EU would find out a way to survive and prosper.

3. MT June 27, 2016 at 2:45 pm #

“I do not agree that non UK citizens living within the UK should have had a say and why I didn’t vote as I do not hold a UK passport.”

But you are a UK citizen. You don’t need to “hold” a passport to be a citizen!

• Oz 2015 June 27, 2016 at 7:06 pm #

You’re not a citizen in a monarchy… You are a subject.
      Big Difference
      Join us in the Republic and become a citizen don’t bow and scrape to a Born to Rule dynasty
      The Sire of which desires to be a sanitary Napkin.

• MT June 27, 2016 at 10:10 pm #

“You’re not a citizen in a monarchy… You are a subject.”

Eh? Yes you are. It’s a constitutional monarchy, you fool.

• Oz 2015 June 28, 2016 at 8:47 am #

Really.. Post me a link to the British Constitution, then.

4. billy June 27, 2016 at 3:19 pm #

look whats happened only 3 days in camerons gone,the labour party is in ribbons,corbyns finished,scotland fighting with england and some of the irish are complaining.your right on anyone disagreeing with the eu being branded racist by the stay in side not a word about petitions being set up outside mosques is that racist or can only white people be called racist.ive never heard it the other way round.anyway the people have voted(the bastxxds).

5. truthrevisionist June 27, 2016 at 5:18 pm #

Jessica.

Thought I might share the thoughts of Jeremy Corbyn’s brother just posted about ten minutes ago which completely vindicates your and my view of the EU scam.

I recon he should know better than most.

• jessica June 27, 2016 at 7:28 pm #

The average working class person knew it first.

They are called racists to keep them in their place.

Whatever we think about the English, I will say this, they are one of the very few nations that have the bottle to stand up to corporate globalisation and they have my full support in this endeavour.

• truthrevisionist June 27, 2016 at 10:23 pm #

Jessica

• MT June 28, 2016 at 8:09 am #

“I would also add that much of the backbone of English working class thinking, originated in the post war labour movement, inspired by 1916 and generations of true Irish socialists thereafter.”

Nonsense.

• M M June 28, 2016 at 12:36 am #

Rupert Murdoch played a big part in swaying the Brexit vote among the working classes.

A journalist once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. He replied. “That’s easy, when I go into Downing Street they do what I say, when I go to Brussels they take no notice.”

There’s no bigger Corporate Globalist than Murdoch and soon he’ll have a compliant British Prime Minister and Cabinet to do virtually whatever he now pleases.

I fear the working classes have been shafted again.

6. Scott June 27, 2016 at 6:32 pm #

your identity is individual to you it can’t be changed or taken away from you regardless if everyone around you adopts a diffrent cultural identity.

This whole the EU is “diluting” cultural identity is ridiculous. Everyone’s identity is a personal choice and people will choose differently as we are all individuals.

What would you prefer we all form a single identity based on the country you live in? Is the only acceptable culturally identity in Ireland a mass going, Guinness drinking, GAA supporting and Irish folk music listening type of culture?

• jessica June 28, 2016 at 7:42 am #

If identity was imply individual, there would be no such thing as nations. But you are wrong, the Irish nation and therefore our identity is defined by the Irish people living together in one geographic location. Managed movement of people usually allows the identity to continue as people migrating usually adopt the traditions and cultures of the land they move to. Uncontrolled mass movements however, does dilute cultural identity and the change is obvious which is why so many people feel frustrated by the change all throughout Europe.

And it is somewhat hypocritical for a unionist to claim cultural identity is not diluted by people around you choosing differently when simply not having the flag flying over city hall 365 days a year was considered a diluting of unionist identity, not being able to march through areas where people feel differently is a diluting of unionist identity and tolerating an Irish language act is also a diluting of unionist identity which must be opposed at all costs as it is erosion of British identity.

You cant have it both ways Scott and like it or not, those are the vast majority opinions within the unionist community.

• Eamon June 28, 2016 at 10:05 am #

Scott I agree with you for the most part. There are more people speaking/learning the Irish language now that before the major migration shifts of the 2000’s.

In fact the main barrier to developing the Irish language further was some of the local politicians – nothing to do with migration. If we look at another major aspect of the Irish culture namely; the GAA. It has never been as popular and is going from strength to strength.

I do not see how the EU is diluting or eroding this. Pure nonsense to say the Irish language or the GAA is being diluted or eroded because of the EU.

7. Jud June 27, 2016 at 8:05 pm #

Jessica – the level of muddled thinking on what should have been such an important issue for everyone is astounding.
    The leave and remain camps didn’t help with what was an atrocious campaign on both sides, but in the end it is not their job to inform us – it is our own responsibility.

The EU project moves in only one direction – forward.
    It is not by chance that competencies – once adopted – can never be repatriated to member nations. It is a one way journey. The only question is what the destination is,

I think SF had it right when they campaigned against Lisbon.
    Things like a European army and complete fiscal centralization are obvious objectives of the project, and I could no longer support the EU on those grounds alone.
    Why they changed teams in between times is beyond me.

The catastrophe howlers seem to come from to camps.
    The first are the actual Europhiles who understand the objectives of the project and fully support it – usually because they are on the gravy train. All the major political parties for a start.
    The second are the masses who have completely swallowed the dog whistle message of the Remain campaign – that those who oppose the EU can only be doing so because they are knuckle dragging, racist, uneducated xenophobes.
    It betrays a complete lack of research on their part – but it is depressing how many seem to have went this way.

Hopefully once the brits invoke Article 50 and the withdrawal process negotiations start for real we will see some level of engagement and consideration of the actual issues at stake.

• jessica June 28, 2016 at 12:46 am #

Already, it is going to take hundreds of additional legislators to take over the management of EU legislation requirements only which needs to be written into UK law if it wants to remain in the. Free trade zone.

That is the extent that they had embedded themselves into Britain.

Ireland has little or no sovereignty left, it has already sold control of the country along with its roads and its natural resources.