THE ART OF KICKING CANS DOWN A LONG ROAD

I’m not sure….but I’m almost certain that I have never before come across a man such as our current Secretary Of State ,Mr James Brokenshire ,who could talk with such great facility for long minutes…possibly hours on end , like a practised filibuster and actually say very little at all.It is a skill that most of Norneverland’s past Secretaries of State appear to be cherry-picked especially for. His predecessor Theresa Villiers was also very good at being able to say not very much at all , too , but the current SOS has reached even greater heights of genius.

Mr Brokenshire is in an entirely different league ,of course, in that , he may actually be the personification of the near-perfect politician.Some might disparage this finely -tuned aptitude for nebulosity and dismiss his facility and finesse as the mere witterings of the sadly uninformed.Some have even labelled his finely-tuned, seemingly off -the -cuff spiels as mere “waffle” , but that is to dismiss this immutable talent , ease and non-specificacity of his seamless disquisitions.

Within the subtle nuance of discourse ,here is a broadcasting giant ,who faced with a veritable feast of bristling microphones bearing the monikers of every communication medium extant ,from “Cool FM” , UTV and RTE to the ancient and venerable old BBC , who unfazed by hectoring questioners and hard-nosed hacks,easily maintains a tepid indifference verging on apathy.Unblinking, unfazed, calm to the point of torpor this man calmy swats away his interrogators’ sleekid probings with deft strokes , choreographed as if a McEnroe of the tennis-courts .Barely breaking sweat his mastery of the cliche is so succinct that when he finally makes his apologies and turns away to leave at -the- end- of -the -day no one is in any doubt that they have witnessed, in its purest form , the art of kicking a can slowly down a long road inexcelsis. This man really earns his corn.

9 Responses to THE ART OF KICKING CANS DOWN A LONG ROAD

1. Jim Neeson March 28, 2017 at 10:52 am #

Jude your very apt description of James Brokenarse is excellent.
    This confirms my opinion that he is in league with the DUP.
    Secondly he is the son Therese May never had and is only interested in her Brexit campaign and the need of Unionist votes in Westminster.
    He is about as useful as an ash tray on a motorbike as far as these Six Counties are concerned !!!

2. fiosrach March 28, 2017 at 11:09 am #

Séamas Beag: Theresa! The whole thing is falling down around me. What shall one do?
    Theresa: do what you do best, a Sheamais, SFA and …… Don’t mention the war. And don’t bother me any more. I have real problems here on the GB mainland.

3. giordanobruno March 28, 2017 at 11:27 am #

Jude
    I thought this kind of playground childish name calling as used by Jim Neeson was no longer acceptable?
    Or is it only when the likes of MT and Joe do it?

• paddykool March 28, 2017 at 11:40 am #

I know , gio …especially after all those nice things I said about the man. Do you think he meant to type “Brokenmouth” and just slipped up on the keypad?

• giordanobruno March 28, 2017 at 4:13 pm #

i’m sorry paddy I haven’t read it!
        Your satire is too sophisticated for me.

• paddykool March 28, 2017 at 4:24 pm #

Sophistication…sopishtication, I say, gio….

4. michael c March 28, 2017 at 12:27 pm #

Jude ,with regard to “name calling”, for a week now the likes of Mick Fealty have been calling the leader of the Northern Nationalist people “a murderer”.Strict rules on your site barely allow me to call Fealty a “count” when a very similar word sums up the feelings of hundreds of thousands of people in this failed state towards Fealty,Harris et al. I am boiling with rage at the slurs of these so called “bloggers”,”commentators” andmedia outlets with every passing day.

5. Ernsesider March 28, 2017 at 1:26 pm #

Specificacity .. A combination of specific and sagacity or not .. ??
    Talking sense about the subject under consideration ..??
    Obviously a nightmare for any politician not just Mr B…
    Sadly the word does not exist, but it should and Harry’s effort is as good as any..
    So until something better comes along I will now be shouting ..
    “What about a little specificacity you waffling nincompoop.”
    Instead of ‘get to the point’ or ‘answer the question’ you wittering jackass ..!!

• paddykool March 28, 2017 at 2:47 pm #

I was about to write “specificity ” , Ernsesider, but decided, as I am wont to do, to invent a new word entirely for this novel and wholly unique art-form which we have been blessed to witness in real-time.It will doubtless enter the language shortly and become as commonplace as textspeaks such as “OMG” and the secular “My word!”…. phrases which apparently, lately trip off the tongues of the modern mister and missus. You are officially in on the ground-floor….