I’m an Irish writer and broadcaster. I was a high school teacher (in Derry and Dublin) and then for some eight years in Canada. In 1979 I came back to Ireland and worked as a lecturer in the Ulster Polytechnic, which in the 1980s morphed into the University of Ulster. They kicked me out when I hit 65. Fortunately I’ve been writing and broadcasting for several decades, so I continue with that. Life, all things considered, is good.*
“One of the most sectarian journalists I have ever come across” – Nelson McCausland
“That nasty little man Jude Collins” – Nelson McCausland
“ I was struggling to find a term suitable for Jude Collins but I couldnt, so prat will have to do” – Willie Frazer
“You are a rebel, you are the most distasteful person I have ever met, you are not a member of the Orange Order…you are a nonentity.” – David McNarry
* I am, of course, deeply offended by Nelson referring to me as a ‘journalist’.
Some important information regarding the site:
In the event that there is a complaint (including, but not limited to, a complaint of defamation, infringement of copyright, breach of confidence and/or privacy) in respect of any content on this website, I will consider promptly whether to suspend that content pending further investigation. Any complaint should always, as far as possible, set out the legal basis of the objection to the content. I do not accept any liability for content provided by any contributor, including posts and comments, unless we are notified of the complaint and have not removed the content in a reasonable time.
Notice to guest bloggers and commenters:
- Anyone who guest-blogs for me takes full and sole responsibility for what they write. Most know this already, but I need to underscore it very clearly. I disassociate myself from your expressed views.
- The same applies to comments made by anyone. Each person is fully and solely responsible for his/her own words.
- I want this site to be a place where civilized discussion takes place, not a place for insult, abuse and/or defamatory statements.
- I’ve arranged things so it is easier for those commenting to have their comment appear. I expect those commenting to respond to this change with an awareness that they and they only are responsible for their words.